"Guilty Pleasure" is a 2016 original album of a Japanese female jazz pianist, Yamanaka Chihiro. Hearing the songs, I got her antithesis.
Released on July 13, 2016
01. Clue（Chihiro Yamanaka）
02. Guilty Pleasure（Chihiro Yamanaka）
03. Caught In The Rain（Chihiro Yamanaka）
04. Life Goes On（Chihiro Yamanaka）
05. The Nearness Of You（Hoagy Carmichael）
06. At Dawn（Chihiro Yamanaka）
07. Hedge Hop（Chihiro Yamanaka）
08. Moment Of Inertia（Chihiro Yamanaka）
09. Guilty Pleasure Reprise（Chihiro Yamanaka）
10. Meeting You There（Laszlo Gardony）
11. Thank You Baby（Yukihide Takekawa)
Yamanaka Chihiro has belonged to a major record label. And along the style, they released the best album of hers in 2015 autumn.
However, if you truly loved jazz, you must dislike something like the best albums. Naturally, Chihiro must have known the fact because she is well informed about music as having taught at Berklee College of Music since 2015.
Without any choice, the best album summed up her past career. Then, Chihiro is supposed to have thought deeply about her next work. "What should I play?" "What shall I suggest next?"
Chihiro shows simple approach of jazz, never acting oddly. "Guilty Pleasure" includes only head-on fight, in other words.
I believe Yamanaka Chihiro tried to suggest not only good plays but also the baddest chemistry among the trio. You should listen to the harmony, not just the songs, namely.
That is nothing but jazz. So you can easily take this brand-new album even if you were unfamiliar with Chihiro. Therefore, that best album became useless. Actually, that's antithesis against the best album.